Friday, June 18, 2010

K.I.MakeUp: Makeup Kit Essentials







One of the new projects that I have connected with Diva Fashion Blog is my makeup artistry business by the name of K.I.MakeUp This is a talent that I have been developing for several years and I have finally decided to take the plunge with starting a business.
My memories with cosmetics began at the tender age of five, when I would beg my mother to polish my nails (red of course...smile!) This continued into my preteen years with my grandmother buying the young ladies in our family cherry, strawberry, and bubble gum flavored Avon lip gloss. And when I turned sixteen, my mother arranged for me to take a class at the local makeup counter. From that day on, I have been completely hooked on wearing cosmetics. I became fascinated with the colors/artistry behind taking your look from "drab" to "glam" in a matter of minutes. In college, I continued to explore my love for makeup by volunteering at university fashion shows, coronations, and beauty pageants.
Since my university years, I have continued to build upon my application skills which has led to the launch of my new business. By experimenting with makeup, every woman should have a few essential items in her make up kit:
























Make Up Kit Essentials:

1. Foundation

2. Concealer

3. Blush

4. Eyeshadow

5. Lipstick

6. Lip Liner

7. Mascara

8. Press Powder

9. Eyeliner


Make Up Tools:
  • Foundation brush or a wedge sponges
  • Powder brush
  • Blush brush
  • Large shadow brush
  • Small or angled shadow brush
  • Lip brush
  • Concealer brush

And please do not forget the shelf life of products:

One Year:

1. Foundations

2. Moisturizers

3. Concealers

6 Months:

1. Mascara (which can give you a serious eye infection)

2. Liquid Eyeliner

3. Face Powders/Foundations (with a cream base)
























By starting a basic kit, you can experiment with products to create a look that's your own. Because in my family wearing makeup isn't just about beauty, it's a rites of passage into womanhood!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get cash from your website. Sign up as affiliate.