Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mum Revelations -Stephanie Bond

I would like to introduce the lovely Stephanie Bond. Enjoy!






1. Where do you live?
Artarmon, NSW, only a couple of stops north of the Sydney CBD on the train. (photo: artarmon credit:Yewenyi on Flickr)



















































2. What is special about where you live?
We love it that we live right on the train line; only a couple of stops to work and means we only need one car, which is important to us. It's also a really multicultural area which we love. Our local grocery store is Japanese! We have some of the best sushi in Sydney right on our street, a cute little library, a great playground and a nature reserve too. My favourite thing of all? The sound of king parrots flitting by all day long.  (photo: king_parrot credit: Steph Bond)
















3.  Do you work? If so what do you do? Or are you a WAHM or SAHM?
I'm a full time parent and part-time blogger/web publisher - I try to squeeze in my time online when I can. I think most of us can relate to the juggling act that goes on when you start a family!

4. What is your favourite childhood memory?

I have so many, but it's probably going for walks through the nature reserve with my family, looking out for sugar gliders and koalas.

5. What are some memories that you have or like to create for your children?
I love cooking with my eldest daughter and hope that she is picking up the skills and confidence to be confident with food when she is older. Even if it's just holding the measuring cups and stirring, it's all good experience and something we can do together. I also spend a lot of time pointing out and identifying the birds and animals and plants that we come across during the day. (photo: water_dragon credit: Steph Bond




















6. Name 3 of your favourite activities or something you enjoy doing with your family?
1. We love going to the zoo together. In Brisbane we had a yearly pass to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary that we used almost weekly, and now that we are back in Sydney it's Taronga Zoo. (photo: taronga_zoo credit: Steph Bond)

2. Cooking is a favourite pastime in our household, whether it's something special for a weekend dinner, lunch with friends, or cupcakes for the kids. We love going to farmers' markets and sourcing the freshest ingredients we can find.
3. We've been having fun exploring north of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The last time we were in Sydney we lived in the inner west, so it's nice to spend time checking out parks, reserves and beaches on this side of the harbour.



7. Describe your perfect day?
A sleep-in would be nice (I'd like to be a morning person, but just an extra hour in bed in the morning makes all the difference). Then breakfast outside all together; even better if friends come over to share. Then some quiet time for me while our baby has a nap and our big girl goes out with Daddy. Followed by a family adventure together and picnic lunch (a hike/the zoo/a park/farmers market). Some playtime and cooking at home in the afternoon during sleep #2. Then maybe an early dinner together - either at home or our favourite sushi or pizza restaurant. Kids in bed by 6 and 7pm. Then either a date night if we are lucky, or relaxing with an episode of Modern Family, The Office or something funny.




8. Where is your favourite holiday destination?
We love going to the US and Canada to visit family and friends - San Francisco, NYC, Virginia, LA, Vancouver. Closer to home, the Sunshine Coast for some surfing and time with Nanna and Pops. (photo: maryland credit: Steph Bond photo: noosa credit: Steph Bond )



9. From memory what was your favourite birthday and why?
This last birthday was pretty great. My husband organised a surprise night out for me with 3 favourite girlfriends and tickets to the roller derby. It was such a fun time, lovely to have my girlfriends meet and the derby was something really unexpected. I only wish that my husband had come too.

10. What is your favourite product for kids and why?
I really love our Maclaren Quest stroller. It's only 7kg. After struggling with our bigger, sturdier stroller, it has been so great to be able to collapse, unfold and pick the Maclaren up with only one hand, making life so much easier.

11. What is one product you have bought that you did not need but just had to have?
I probably have a few too many of those! I love our Rody bouncing horse - it's such an iconic piece and although not a necessary product, has been really fun for our kids and all our visitors too. I also love the Tutu du Monde tutu that I just bought our big girl for her 3rd birthday. She certainly doesn't need any more dancing dresses, but it's so luxe and stylish and I know that she will wear it every day. (photo: tutdumonde credit: Tutu du Monde)


12. Your favourite kids fashion label?
I will get into too much trouble naming just one. Australian kids fashion designers are so talented. I've probably got a favourite label for every day of the year. But off the top of my head, this winter we have had so much use from the Oishi-m jeans (with kimono fabric bum) for our little one. They have lots of room for a nappy, cuffs to accommodate all sizes, and an extra-wide waistband for keeping tummy warm. (photo: oishi-m-bondville2 credit: Steph Bond)

13. What is your child’s or family favourite meal?
Our big girl loves fish and chips and any kind of fruit. And cupcakes. Teddy bear pasta is a firm favourite too. (photo: cupcakes credit: Steph Bond)

14. Are you a fashion conscious mother? If so what is your favourite label?
I haven't bought much new clothing since having kids apart from some Country Road staples, but have been able to make the most of unusual pieces that I have picked up at markets and when we lived in NYC. I have some favourite jeans that I've collected over the years (Alvin Valley, Levi's, Paige Premium Denim, Heatherette, 7's, Yanuk... err, that's a lot of jeans...)

15. What is the best thing about being a mother?
Sharing with my girls everything I've learned so far, and learning from them too.

16. To finish off would you like to add a favourite photo? Tell us why it is your favourite.
I love this photo, taken last week, with my big girl. I'm usually on the other side of the lens, so it's nice to have a photo to remind me of my big girl's 3rd birthday, how much she has grown and this special time in her life where it's all about pink and fairies. (photo: bondville_steph+big_girl - credit: Carmen Lee)


Thank you Stephanie for contributing to ShoppeGirls xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get cash from your website. Sign up as affiliate.