Saturday, January 29, 2011

Diva Fashion Blog Interview: Quinn Conyers

Diva Fashion Blog had the opportunity to interview one of Baltimore's rising stars, Quinn Conyers. She is a motivational speaker, entrepreneur, and talk show host located in Baltimore, Maryland. In addition to having several projects circulating, Quinn has also taken on the role of fashion designer, creating a handbag line, The Conyers Collection.

























What is your educational background?

I have a Bachelor's degree from West Chester University in Communication Studies and a Master's degree from Howard University with a concentration in Mass Communication and Entrepreneurship.

How did you begin a career as a motivational speaker and entrepreneur?

I was asked to be a guest speaker for my university Minority Commencement Ceremony. After completing my speech, someone asked what's my fee for motivational speaking. From there a career began. That was in 2005, and since that time I have had the opportunity to speak at several universities and conferences.

How do you prepare for a speaking engagement?

Generally, I prepare by researching the audience or individual that I am expected to motivate. My philosophy is that I want to convey the message to the individual (s) that I am speaking to.


From motivational speaking to talk show host, at what point did you want your own television show?

I have always wanted my own show, I feel that I am a storyteller instead of an interviewer. My media platform is to engage, inspire, and motivate young women between the ages of 18 - 35. I am expecting my television show to launch this upcoming fall 2011 with two pilot shows.

But in addition to having my upcoming show, I also host Women of Power events every Thursday night at Eden's Lounge (located in Baltimore.) The Women of Power events are networking opportunities for ladies in the Baltimore area that are interested in making business connections.

Let's talk about fashion, what is your favorite accessory?

I love handbags and shoes of course! That also brings me to my next point, I am currently designing a handbag line name The Conyers Collection. My boyfriend has motivated me to start designing accessories by hosting purse parties. From there, I gained an interest in creating an accessory line for clients. Customers will see a variety of handbags. Our intent, is to reconstruct handbags to personalize them for customers.


Who is your favorite designer?

I really don't have a favorite designer because I am a simple person. I have no limits on my fashion and style.


What do you consider to be your biggest accomplishment?

Being featured in Black Enterprise and Essence magazine; of course I have been fortunate to meet new and exciting people



Where do you see yourself in five years?

I would like to be a media mogul broadcasting several television shows! I am aspiring to join the staff of Oprah's OWN Network {smile.} Most importantly, traveling, hosting speaking engagements and The Conyers Collection becoming a mainstream fashion accessory!



WOMEN OF POWER from The Quinn Conyers Show on Vimeo.

See Quinn Conyers in action at the weekly WOMEN of POWER networking event every Thursday at Edens Lounge!


http://twitter.com/quinnconyers

facebook.com/thequinnconyersshow

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get cash from your website. Sign up as affiliate.