Saturday, May 2, 2009

Selecting Quality Cosmetics

As women of color, we are always searching for quality cosmetics. I can remember my first experience with lipstick and mascara as a 15 year old girl...it was an instant love affair! Make - up application was a form of art that would allow me to express my creative talents with color, texture, and technique.

Through this journey of my artistic ability, I learned as an African American woman that every cosmetic line is not made to enhance our unique quality of beauty. A few of the problems that I encountered while applying make - up is lipstick that's too greasy with not enough pigmentation; eyeshadow that's too shiny and faded away as I went from day - to - night; blush that's not rich enough to be seen with the naked eye; and my last irritation....the WRONG COLOR FOUNDATION AND POWDER!

Luckily, in this new age of diversity, companies are creating cosmetic lines that will adorn women of all shades. My personal favorite is M.A.C. Cosmetics because I do not encounter any of the previous problems. I can look "Exquisite" without wondering if my foundation is too light or dark for my complexion. And although M.A.C. Cosmetics can be a bit pricey for the average girl, I have listed below a few other brands that will still give you a great look!

GREAT COSMETICS FOR WOMEN OF COLOR:


1. M.A.C. Cosmetics
2. Black Opal
3. Milani
4. Maybelline
5. Revlon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get cash from your website. Sign up as affiliate.