Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Healthy Habits


Going through my favourite blogs this morning and I 
Rub Off on DaughtersThis strung a cord in my mind and got 
me thinking what do you pack for your children's lunches to 
take to school and what snacks do you provide for them after 
school?
I like to see myself as a fairly healthy eater with a few 
indulgences here and there.(I love potato crisps)I feel it 
is so important to make sure that healthy eating is shown 
every day by yourselves as parents so your children have 
healthy habits too.

What are some ways you encourage your children to eat 
healthier?

I try tell my daughters that breakfast is important to get 
your day going and encourage them to eat a healthy breakfast 
which normally consists of cereal throughout the school week 
and french toast or pancakes with fruit (normally 
strawberries or bananas) with the occasional bacon and eggs.

For lunches the girls normally have a bread roll with a 
healthy topping (cheese and beetroot) their favourite at the 
moment, with a piece of fruit and a few treats like tiny 
teddies and shapes.

After school snacks are where I let my girls choose what 
they like sometimes crackers with vegemite or cheese. Most 
of the time they eat potato crisps or whatever I have baked 
at home.

Dinner time is where I like to serve meat with 3-4 different 
vegetables. We are a big chicken family. We love homemade 
schnitzel with potato bake and broccoli and cauliflower with
a cheese sauce.



I would love you to leave your comments on how you encourage 
your children to eat healthy.











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get cash from your website. Sign up as affiliate.