Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mum Revelations - Priscila Barros







Today I would like to introduce the lovely Priscila Barros writer for popular blog 

1. Where do you live?
I live in Sunny California, USA.

2. What is special about where you live?
San Diego is a really unique place. I live about 30 min from the beach and about an hour from the snowy mountains. We have a huge mixed culture which brings a lot of flavor to our city. We are about an hour from Mexico which means we also have the most yummy authentic Mexican food around! As far as my home, We live in a 2 story home with my husband, new puppy Max, and my sons Carter and Christian. We have about a half an acre with a pool! We are all fish so its really nice to have the pool to use through out the year since California doesnt really get cold!

3.  Do you work? If so what do you do? Or are you a WAHM or SAHM?
Im a SAHM at the moment. I think its one of the most important jobs ever. I am pouring into my son's what I want them to take out into the world. On the side I blog at Little Miss Heirlooms and have a new childrens Magazine called Babiekins.

4. What is your favourite childhood memory?
Hum, I have so many. I guess my favorite are the most simple. Just playing with my sister. We were really close when we were little and part was because my dad had horse ranches. Sometimes we would live on a couple hundred acres. Once we lived on this amazing ranch that actually had a waterfall and these huge rocks that had the indentations in them from where the Native American Indians woman use to grind their grains. We would play that we were indian princesses for hours! :)

5. What are some memories that you have or like to create for your children?
I really hate the parents that plob their kids infront of the tv like babysitters and its probably because my sister and I were always outside playing. I think its so important to make memories with them that last forever. Some favorite memories are trips we would take in the car. We would do roadtrips a lot and it was so exciting to wake up early and get into the back of the car and "camp out" while our parents drove. We always stopped at fun places and I would love to do this with my kids. Its just so exciting to show them different places .
 

6. Name 3 of your favourite activities or something you enjoy doing with your family?
laughing, swimming and cooking
 
7. Describe your perfect day?
Hum, waking up late (that never happends), having the boys wake me up with some hot cafe and a french baquet.  Me walking out of my room to a perfectly clean house...:) You did as for perfect right?

8. Where is your favourite holiday destination?
We go to Brasil a lot because we have so much family there and its super fun especially at Christmas time. Here in the states I love where I live. San Diego is just so much fun! We go to Big Bear a lot to enjoy the snow when its winter. Our next trip planned is Paris!! :)

9. From memory what was your favourite birthday and why?
Hum, well I remember one year my parents didnt have very much money so my mom bought small wood pins (that looked like little horses) and painted them all. After she was done painting she let me choose which one I wanted and I still remember the one I choose to this day - a grey horse with some pretty silver dots. We lived on a horse ranch (my fathers) and so all my friends got to ride a poney at my party!  I think I must have been like 5. I think this is a really great example of how simple a party can be and how the thought is what counts. Thanks mom for teaching me at a younge age!

10. What is your favourite product for kids and why?
I like lights a lot! I love the lampin lamp and purchased one for carters room from Lapin and me . Lights never go out of style  and when you are sick of them they arent that big of a deal to change. There are so many great lights too like the ones they have at Ikea at the moment. Cheap and make such a great impact! I love the LuckyBoySunday dolls for kids and need this one for my boys (lucky boy sunday). I also love ma cacabane! I would have this this when I was little (pirouettecacahouete).


11. Your favourite kids fashion label?
Bobo Choses  is definatly a favorite for me. I love how fun the design is but how wearable their line is. I also love Ola and Olek, im loving popupshop.
12. Are you a fashion conscious mother? If so what is your favourite label?
I like to mix my kids clothes. So they might wear a designer label top and then some shorts that we purchased from a thrift shop or somewhere like a Target. I also love mixing new and vintage items.
13. What is the best thing about being a mother?
My favorite is to see my 2 boys interact. They are starting to fight a lot (I guess its bound to happen) but when they get a long they really get a long well. Its so fun to hear Carters laugh when Christian is doing something silly cause its so contagious. My favorite part of my day I would have to say is bedtime and not just because I will get some peace and quiet but because I usually lie down with the boys (seperatly) for a while just to talk. Its fun to hear about their day, hear there funny stories and the nonscence they make up just so they dont have to sleep. Always makes me laugh.









Thank you for sharing Priscila. X

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get cash from your website. Sign up as affiliate.